A 5 step guide to answering the question: What size infrared heater do I need?
You’ve done your research, you understand the benefits and efficiency of infrared heating. Now it’s time to answer the question: What size infrared heater do I need? You’ll need to consider both the space you’re heating but also the style of heater that you’re planning to use.
We have two step by step guides below outlining the steps you need to take in order to specify the correct size of heater for your requirements.
There’s a process you need to follow in order to ensure you have chosen the right size of infrared heater for the space you want to heat:
What size infrared heater do I need? Heating Indoors
- Measure the length, width and height of the room in metres
- Multiply the 3 measurements together to calculate the volume in m3
- If the room is well insulated, double glazed and with only 1 external wall, multiply the m3 x 25 = total wattage required
- As point 3 but with 2 external walls, multiply the m3 x 35 = total wattage required
- As point 3 but with 2 external walls and less well insulated or without double glazing, multiply the m3 x 45 = total wattage required
What size infrared heater do I need? Heating Outdoors
The requirement will vary according to manufacturer. For our own high quality patio heaters, these are the steps to take:
- What height will you be mounting the infrared patio heater? Between 2m and 3m is ideal
- What is the surface area (footprint) of space you want to heat?
- Use the guide below to decide which size patio heater you need.
Alternatively you can use the funkyheat infrared heater sizing calculator to determine what size of infrared heater you need.
There are different types of infrared heating, it important to choose the right type of heater for your requirements. We have a short guide explaining the differences between the different types of infrared heater if you do have any questions.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.